Video by Joel Nadler
Rosewood Training Center was established in 1888 as the Asylum and Training School for the Feeble-Minded. From 1912 to 1961, it was known as the Rosewood State Training School. The state closed the facility in 2009 after receiving a ton of complaints involving understaffing, patient abuse, and neglect.
Today, Stevenson University plans to transform the campus both for its students but also for the Owings Mills community.